Please click on a Service for more information and recommendations.
- Prayer Care. Jesus extends the offer. (Matthew 11:28) Weariness is a reality. To Refresh, revive, and restore is vital. Read our prayers around relevant issues on the home page.
- Pastoral Care. For those not connected to a church who need pastoral care and guidance.
- Pastors. Whether to coach or mentor or both, our pastoral care comes out of 40 years of church and missionary ministry, providing an outside, independent voice to the often complex issues facing pastors.
"What a blessing a watering can has been to our life, marriage, and ministry! God brought Robin and Marcia Hadfield, a uniquely-gifted pastoral and mentoring couple, to walk alongside us during a very difficult season of our pastorate. Coming to us as friends, their wisdom and discernment, practical counsel, spiritual ministry, and wealth of combined experience have been to us like a tall glass of fresh water and have helped us to navigate our challenges successfully.
Robin and Marcia continue to bless us with mentoring and resources so that we can now make the most out of our "neutral zone," be deeply refreshed in our spirits, and be fully prepared for our next season of ministry. Once we launch into another pastorate, we are confident that we will continue our relationship with the Hadfields in a way that will release us for optimal ministry effectiveness.
We are so thankful to God for bringing us into relationship with Robin and Marcia. Whether you're hurting in ministry and need someone you can trust to come alongside, or you simply want to take things "to the next level," we wholeheartedly commend to you a watering can!"
Kirk and Cindy, Bellevue, WA
- Pastors' Wives. The question we often hear is: “Whom can I turn to for help and shepherding care?” A watering can provides one-on-one mentoring to pastors’ wives and gives a sounding board to work through their unique challenges.
"It has been such a blessing to have the Hadfield's in our lives. They have journeyed with us through the hardest times in our ministry. When we were feeling desperate and hopeless, they spoke and prayed God's truth, wisdom, healing and comfort into our lives.
Marcia has been my mentor since then and I cherish our relationship! She gently guides with godly wisdom. I feel safe and accepted for who I am when I am with her. Every pastor and pastor's wife needs this kind of mentorship the Hadfield's provide. We all need a place where we can let our guards down and unload our thoughts and burdens without being fearful of being judged.
Having walked through so many of the same situations in the ministry, the Hadfield's understand exactly what the pastors and wives are going through. They not only can empathize but also, having come out on the other side, they are able to provide godly wisdom and hope in these situations. They are both anointed speakers and are so gifted in the ministry of mentorship. They have truly been a blessing in our lives!"
- People in Ministry. a watering can comes alongside to journey with those in Christian ministry who might need an independent voice or a perspective that is not intertwined with the situation at hand.
"I feel very privileged and blessed to have known Marcia for two years
now and first met her as a guest speaker for our church retreat. In
addition to her strong teaching and knowledge of the Bible, I was drawn
immediately to her warmth, humility, approachability, and the inner
strength she exudes as a godly woman. This is what led me to seek
her out as my personal mentor.
She brings amazing insight and understanding as a teacher,
and more personally as my mentor, she has a deep wisdom and
discernment that has helped guide me in some of the challenging
decisions I have had to make in both my personal life as well as in
the ministry. God has blessed Marcia with the ability to listen with her
heart, addressing a problem or issue both objectively and skillfully.
My times with her have been refreshing, insightful, uplifting, and
joyful. She has challenged my thinking with the Truth, broadened my
vision, and helped bring understanding and perspective to personal
and ministry challenges.
I have grown to love Marcia as a dear
friend. She is one of the most genuine and authentic people I know.
I have enjoyed laughing, crying, talking, sharing my life with her.
Thank you, Marcia, for being my mentor and more so, being such a
With love and gratitude always, CC
- People in Missions. Either on home assignment or recently finished a tour of missionary ministry, a watering can provides one-on-one mentoring and pastoral prayer. We have both been missionaries in Indonesia for a total of 12 years. We understand the needs of cross-cultural living, as well as re-entry into American culture.
- People in Transition. An era has ended, a new beginning yet to be. Things are uncertain. What questions are essential? What attitudes required? What unique blessings to experience? A watering can provides guidance in the journey.
- People in Relationships. The Divine design is that of difference…to complement relationships in every arena of life, such as in marriage, family, friendship, and the professional realm. A watering can enables understanding of the concept and application to the arena of need.
"A friend is someone who will listen to what you have to say and will still be your friend! That is what Marcia Hadfield is to me, a true friend. Marcia and I met through the networking chain in the northern Seattle area for people in ministry. I had recently gotten married and my new husband was finishing his seminary studies. We were excited for a life in the field of ministry, but we were both feeling underprepared for such a venture and the realities of sheperding people in a larger church.
My husband and I soon sought out Robin and Marcia Hadfield to help bridge the gap between theory and reality. We were amazed by this dynamic couple who not only survived years of ministry at home and abroad together, but they also raised an incredible family and strengthened their marriage through prayer along the way. My husband and I were able to gain some very real perspectives on how ministry and family can work together.
After this meeting, I felt the need for a mentor to help me with the realities of being the wife of a pastor. I asked Marcia if she would be willing to meet with me so that I could continue to glean from her experience in ministry and wisdom of what it meant to be a wife. Marcia was very gracious and scheduled some time for she and I to get to know each other over tea and cookies. I looked forward to each weekly meeting with Marcia and lovingly referred to those times as “Tea time with Marcia”.
With each meeting, I not only learned experienced lessons in ministry, but I learned more about who I was as a person looking forward to serving my God with my husband. I realized how much fear and trepidation I was already bringing into my life and my new life with my husband. I had seen so many marriages succumb to the stresses of leadership in ministry and seen families wither under the weight of expectation.
Marcia helped me to realize that fear of the unknown was not more powerful than God and a marriage steeped in prayer will always survive. Marcia and I met for an hour each week and that time has done immeasurable good in my life and the life of my marriage. God can do anything and I saw that lived out in Robin and Marcia’s life.
I cannot think of a time when I received more honest counsel and genuine guidance from another person than I did during my times with Marcia. I am grateful for the time she invested in my life and I look forward to a time when I can impart her valuable wisdom to others. What a joy it is to have crossed paths with this couple!"
Lea Carpenter, Chelan, WA
- Professional Business Men and Women. A watering can brings Biblical principles to professional people…bringing Sunday into Monday in how we conduct our professional lives!
"Robin and Marcia Hadfield have spoken into my wife's and my life like no other couple in all our years of marriage. We are thankful to the Lord for the wisdom, kindness and love He has shown us through Robin and Marcia.
Whether in business matters, with church leadership issues or personal growth opportunities, the Lord has blessed me greatly through Robin and Marcia's wise and inspired counsel." We are eternally grateful to God for their work and ministry."
I wanted to send you a quick note thanking you for the time we’ve spent together in counsel and prayer.
I can’t express with enough gratitude and thanks for your prayer and words of wisdom for me, my
business and my family.
You came along at just the right time to help me through a very difficult time in my financial life. You’ve
helped me get clarity and direction back in my life.
What I like most is there is no condemnation in our meetings, just Godly wisdom and Godly solutions on
moving forward and how to allow God to work in my life to fix the problems. How to put God first in all
that I do.
Your new ministry a watering can is appropriately named as that is exactly how I would describe
our time together. I really needed the refreshing watering of the Holy Spirit in my life. Thank you for
allowing God to use you to be that “watering can”.
Chris McIntosh, Real Estate Investor
- Pastor for the Day. A watering can believes ‘filling the pulpit’ is more than preaching the Word; it is also giving pastoral care and prayer before and after the service. Consequently, “pastor for the day” defines the scope of 'filling the pulpit.'.
Arbor Heights Community Church has a unique and precious relationship with Robin and Marcia Hadfield. They served as interim pastors during a difficult season and were true pastors to a hurting people in their time of need. Their ministry served as a spiritual oasis that prepared the congregation for a new pastor and a new mission.
Robin's ministry in the pulpit was a significant part of their ministry. With Spirit led messages, he brought healing and encouraging words to the church. Since then, we have been blessed in the multiple times he has spoken.
I encourage you to consider having Robin minister at your church.
Pastor Ken Ross, DMin
- Pastor for a Season. Churches in transition require special care. As a restoration pastor, we come alongside a church as an independent person to identify issues, seek Biblical answers and bring the church to stability, harmony and hope for the future.
"Pastor Robin Hadfield came to our church during a turbulent and complex time. Through the use of the God-given gifting and personality traits, he was categorically successful in his mission.
By having a clear vision of bringing unity to the church leadership and the congregation as a whole, by having a belief in people (even when there was little evidence to trust them), and by sticking to the things that needed to be done, Robin was able to lead the church with God’s empowering from a dysfunctional leadership and split congregation to a new governing structure and healing in the church.
This is a man and his wife who have made a difference at a crucial time in our church."
Terry K. Hippenhammer, Executive Director Technology Services, Puget Sound Educational Service District
I am delighted at this opportunity to provide a letter of reference for Robin and Marcia Hadfield. I have known the Hadfields for the past five years, having met them in my role of leadership in the Alliance Northwest. We are a group of one hundred Alliance churches in the Northwest who take seriously our calling to become fully engaged in the life and mission of Jesus. I have had numerous opportunities to interact with Robin and Marcia throughout my time of service and have found them to be faithful and devoted servants of Christ and His Church.
Over the past five years, Robin and Marcia have served four of our Washington churches in providing an interim role in pastoral leadership. Our churches in West Seattle (Arbor Heights Community Church), Redmond (Union HIll Alliance Church), Woodinville (Woodinville Alliance Church) and North Seattle (North Seattle Alliance Church) have all benefited from their service. In each case, the Hadfields took on the role of helping churches to make transitions in preparation for the coming of a new pastor. Their leadership trail has been marked by a love for the body of Christ, a shepherding of leaders, an opening up of the Word of God and a strategic walking through necessary steps to prepare each church for future leadership and a healthy future.
In light of what I know and what I have experienced with the Hadfields, I highly recommend them to you.
Matthew C. Boda, Alliance NW Superintendent
- Presentations. Whether at a men’s retreat or a women’s luncheon/retreat, we bring inspiring, challenging messages delivered with wit, a splash of history and passion.
"Marcia has the ability to make the Scriptures come alive with fresh perspective, bringing relevance to the needs of today's woman. Her presentation is personal, warm and relational. She is an encourager, reminding us to keep our focus on God and to yield to the working of His Spirit in our lives. Marcia is a prayer warrior and has the gift of wise counsel for those with deep struggles.
Marcia is a disciplined woman of integrity with a strong faith. She invests much time in prayerfully preparing her presentation as she seeks the Lord for guidance for her specific audience. Her sensitivity to the Spirit is evident in her ministry. Marcia will challenge your women with her powerful, biblical insights, as she shares practical helps for a faithful, fruitful Christian walk."
"The style and strength of his preaching was effective. Sermon points often were delivered with power and with wit. Throughout the time of his ministry, many favorable comments were expressed how the Word blessed people. Robin’s concept of preaching on a series was much appreciated."
Terry K. Hippenhammer, Principal, Strategic Management Associates
"Their pulpit ministry (they both can preach) is creative and energetic, deploying both Robin’s preaching gifts and Marcia’s behind-the-scenes craftsmanship to yield helpful insights."
William Woodward, Ph.D., Professor of History, Seattle Pacific University
Professional Experience: Robin
- Interim Lead pastor, Alliance churches, Alliance NW District 2005-2010
- CEO/Director of International Student Care-service to International Students in New
- Pastor of a Baptist church in Christchurch, New Zealand 1989-1997
- Planted a church in Southern California 1981-1987
- Missionary with WEC International to Indonesia 1969-1979
- Bachelor of Theology - International University
- Diploma of Missions –Worldview Center of Intercultural Studies. Tasmania,
- Working proficiency in Indonesian
Professional Experience: Marcia
- Pastor of church health Alliance church Seattle 2008-2010
- Co director of International Student Care-service to International students in New
- Co planter of a church in Southern California. 1981-1987
- Missionary with WEC International to Indonesia 1967-1979
- Assistant Dean to high school girls, Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills, Alberta,
- Diploma of Missions-Prairie Bible Institute, Three Hills, Alberta, Canada 1960-1964
- Working proficiency in Indonesian